• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, March 07, 2006

    Same day, same page

    Very different stories:

    Hood College lesbian defeats three men for honor of being named Homecoming King. I have to admit that I'm not sure what I think about this story. I'm all for people being whomever they are, but I don't think that being a lesbian = being a man. Unless she is. Otherwise, it's just perpetuating some kind of butch stereotype, isn't it? I suppose, however, if Jennifer Jones wants to be King, then okay by me. Kudos to the student body to be open-minded enough to elect her!

    Dodge City showdown at funeral. I absolutely know what I think about this one: disgusting. This is a story about the vigilante Phelps family, which has "picketed and heckled military families at more than 100 funerals since June. They say the soldiers are fighting for an army that represents a country that accepts homosexuality."

    I am sputtering with anger and disgust over this. How can anyone with an ounce of decency pile such crap on top of a family's suffering and pain? The Phelps family claims to be defending American values, but all they are doing is defiling them.

    eXTReMe Tracker