• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, March 05, 2006

    Never left the apartment today

    I'm hermitting... but I did manage to clean my apartment a bit, re-arrange the dust and cook. My back tells me that I got some good work done, so I can just enjoy the watching the Oscars.

    So far, my batting average on picks v. wins for the Academy Awards is okay (I've gotten two out of 5)... and I'm really rooting for Dolly Parton's best original song for Transamerica, Travelin' Thru. The words are really very touching. And a sentimental favorite for Star Wars (for make-up... that's all they got).

    Ohhh, the commercial is over...!

    UPDATE (3/7): Well, I ended up doing okay with my Oscar picks. I actually did get all the top awards right except for supporting actor (I chose Matt Dillon over George Clooney), including best picture. So I wasn't too disappointed about those outcomes. I was, however, disappointed by best original song. I didn't actually see Crash, so I wasn't familiar with the song's context or subtext until reading this article (a very interesting discussion of the song and black culture, among other things). Even so, I just liked Travelin' Thru. much better. Oh well.

    eXTReMe Tracker