• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, March 04, 2006

    What this year?

    As some readers who have been hanging around this blog for a while now will know, every year around my birthday, I try to do something to benefit a charity. Kinda my way of celebrating my good fortune to have made it well through another year to another birthday.

    In the past, I've donated my hair to Locks of Love (twice); I've organized cell phone donation collections for domestic violence resource centers; I've organized "clean out your closet" drives for welfare-to-work women, donating business attire for those transitioning into office jobs.

    But I don't know what to do this year. I thought of donating blood -- which isn't a big deal to most but it's highly traumatic for me (I threw up the last time and almost passed out) -- but that doesn't feel right. It has to be something meaningful to me, something that takes more effort and less money, something that has reverberating impact...

    I dunno. Volunteer legal services after I get my bar results (or not!)? Maybe become a "Big sister" or a literacy tutor? Hmmm, that's closer. Where would my time and energy be value added? Where can I make a difference?

    I dunno.

    eXTReMe Tracker