• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, February 28, 2006

    Bon voyage Ma!

    Mom's off to Australia today... for a ten week jaunt around Australia and New Zealand with a side trip to Tahiti. She's definitely enjoying her retirement. Good for her. Here's wishing her a safe and fun trip. Buy lots of presents for me, Ma! (JK, sorta)

    She and I are both avid travellers. She's been able to do more in the past few years than I because of law school (for me) v. retirement (for her). I do try to take at least one international trip a year. It would have been Trinidad this year but for the bar...

    And she and I also sorta compete to see who gets around the most. She's made it to a bunch of countries where I want to go, but I think I've seen more places. However, Mom definitely does more "in depth" travelling that I do. This is her second three-month trip. I have never taken more than 5 weeks.

    Anyway, in a gratutitous attempt to get more hits, here is the list of countries I've visited in alpha order. I think I may even be missing one. Here also are five "really wanna go" countries. My criteria tends to hinge on what area is most likely to change a great deal in the next ten years and what's realistic to try to see.

    1. Argentina
    2. Austria
    3. Barbados
    4. Belgium
    5. Canada
    6. Chile
    7. China
    8. Croatia
    9. Czech Republic
    10. Egypt
    11. France
    12. Germany
    13. Greece
    14. Guatemala
    15. Honduras
    16. Hong Kong (before and after reversion; I know it’s not technically a country)
    17. Hungary
    18. Israel
    19. Italy
    20. Japan
    21. Jordan
    22. Korea
    23. Luxembourg
    24. Macau (counts as a colony of Portugal)
    25. Macedonia
    26. Malaysia
    27. Mexico
    28. Monaco
    29. Netherlands
    30. Philippines
    31. Poland
    32. Singapore
    33. Slovakia
    34. South Africa
    35. Switzerland
    36. Syria
    37. Taiwan
    38. Thailand
    39. Turkey
    40. United Kingdom
    41. United States
    42. Vietnam
    43. Yugoslavia (Serbia)

    1. Brazil
    2. Cambodia
    3. Laos
    4. Morocco
    5. Russia

    Now if I could only get a job in order to start accruing vacation to take another trip! Oh yea, I guess I do have the time to travel; it's the money I need...

    eXTReMe Tracker