• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, February 25, 2006

    A first for me

    I'm going to Texas next month. A cousin is getting married outside of Houston, and I decided that if I could find an aifare for under $300 that I would go (for all of 36 hours). Well, I did and I am.

    I've never been to Texas before. I've been through Texas airports (the Republican direct: DCA to IAH, known to some as Reagan to Bush) on my way to Hawai`i and destinations South. But I've never actually stopped in the Lone Star state and spent a night -- or seen anything beyond the confines of the terminal.

    I'm looking forward to my whole two half days in Houston. I don't want to think about how much it will cost me per hour to be there, but that's okay. It will be fun. And, I got invited with guest. Uh-huh.

    The roommie from college wedding (a.k.a., the "without guest" invitation) is in New Jersey. Turns out that my other roommie was on the list of those to be invited but enfianced roommie didn't have her current address. So instead of being dissed one date, I'll have two. Roommie and her hubby. Now that will make it fun. And, shhhh, I plan on wearing the same dress to both of them (which happens to be the same dress I wore to my friend's wedding in October -- it's just a good "wedding" dress, not too fancy but just fancy enough and comfy enough to eat and still be able to dance).

    eXTReMe Tracker