• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, February 27, 2006

    Maybe college roommie was just doing the hip Oscar thing?

    Maybe the reason I didn't get "and guest" to the April nuptials is because college roommie has taken cool to a new level. And I am just outta touch with the what's cool.

    According to this article, which details little-known tidbits of Oscar etiquette, "No one cares about spouses, relatives and arm candy at Hollywood parties." Basically, anyone who comes as "plus one" of someone with a hot career can forget having an identity -- independent or otherwise -- separate from the celeb.

    Ahh, so this makes it all clear to me now. College roommie is just ahead of the social curve. She's brought Los Angeles to New Jersey -- taking the "no one cares" phenom to its logical end and thus forestalling the awkwardness of that "plus one" being ignored all night. Now it makes sense. If I had only known before...!

    (okay, don't worry -- I'm done beating this dead horse...)

    eXTReMe Tracker