• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, March 04, 2006

    Finally!

    I finally saw a movie last night, for the first time in months and months and months...!

    And what was the first movie I chose to see? I saw Transamerica (not to be confused with the financial services company Transamerica), and I really enjoyed it. It is definitely worth seeing. And, even though the theatre was one of the smaller ones (our independent movie house), it was completely packed.

    While I knew the general plot before seeing it, I didn't appreciate the double-entendre of the title -- that it is also a "road movie" as the main characters travel across the country -- until afterwards. I thought Felicity Huffman and the costumers did a fantastic job of developing her character from someone who comes across as almost pathetic in the beginning to someone of great dignity at the end. And she did a phenomenal acting job. Her performance truly does merit an Academy Award nomination.

    Now I just have to see -- oh, all of the rest of the nominated movies and actors. Hmmm, probably not before the Oscars tomorrow, but I do hope to see at least one more tonight.

    eXTReMe Tracker