• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, March 05, 2006

    A confession

    So I was watching Cash Cab the other week (no, that's not the confession), and there were two separate "red light bonus" rounds during the show. One asked the contestant to name all five Simpson characters (the duo playing couldn't do it); the other bonus question was to name the five freedoms guranteed by the First Amendment (the woman got them right).

    Apparently, this is the exact opposite of what most Americans can do, or so reports MSNBC:
    Americans apparently know more about “The Simpsons” than they do about the First Amendment.

    Only one in four Americans can name more than one of the five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment.

    But more than half can name at least two members of the cartoon family, according to a survey.
    I am embarrassed to say that I, a law school graduate, like most Americans, can name more Simpson characters (all 5) than First Amendment guarantees (I only got four! I forgot the bit about petition for redress of grievances...).

    D'oh.

    eXTReMe Tracker