• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, March 07, 2006

    Eyes on Texas

    I will be watching the political page of The Houston Chronicle today. Why? Because today in Texas are the primaries, and for the first time in 22 years, Tom Delay is facing a serious challenge from his own party. Yippee!

    I don't expect the others to beat Delay, but at least take some wind out of his sails. Even though he's no longer Majority Leader, Delay is still a powerful guy (sitting pretty on top of the appropriations committee) and a big, ol' mean-spirited bully, which are the least of the accusations that have been hurled at him recently.

    I mean, doesn't it speak volumes that the man is spending election night with lobbyists at a fundraiser (because he assumes he'll win) rather than with his, oh say, his constituents? or campaign workers? Hmmm, more connected to and concerned with the interests of the K Street gang (lobbyists) than the people of Texas District 22?

    Hmmm...

    eXTReMe Tracker