• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, March 08, 2006

    And I can read upside down too!

    I snagged this from Jami over at not THAT different:

    Can you read this?

    Spupsledoy olny srmat poelpe can.

    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig, huh? And Iawlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

    (And since I'm such a sucker for a freebie, I am snagging this entry from her post, but credit where credit is due. I didn't write any of this!)

    FREE Phone Number

    Cell phone companies in the U.S. are charging $1.00 or more for 411 / information calls when they don't have to. When you need to use 411 / information to get a phone number, simply dial 1-800-FREE-411 (or 1-800-373-3411) without incurring a charge at all except for the minutes required to make the call. It works on any phone, too. The only catch is that sometimes - but not every time - you have to listen to a 15 second commercial before you get the number you ask for.

    (Thanks, Jami!)

    eXTReMe Tracker