• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, March 21, 2006

    Birthday wrap-up

    Thanks everyone for all of the birthday wishes. I had a great birthday and got lots of goodies -- jewelry, silk scarves, a nice leather jacket, books, flowers delivered to my office, etc.

    But I have to say that this was the one present that made me smile from ear to ear. You can call me a geek, but I just LOVED this.

    Yes, ladies and gentlemen -- it's Darth Tater.

    I had had it on my Amazon wish list since Christmas, but no one bought. Perhaps my disappointment was palpable. More likely I was just really obvious in all my comments. But I got it. No, I probably won't play with it. It just makes me smile. A lot. I'm definitely a goof that way.

    The other really great part about my birthday was all the yummy dinners out. I got to choose, and this year I specifically requested that my fete feasts be at restaurants I hadn't yet tried.

    The first yum meal was here, where I indulged until I could no more. I don't know that I would make a point of going back there, but it was a very nice meal. Dinner #2 was compliments of my parents who took me here. It's a new restaurant (no Zagat rating yet) which I chose. Very mod interior and fusion Asian cuisine. Ooh, yum. Yum. Yum.

    I have to say that having all the lobbyists around ensures that DC has some very fabulous restaurants -- especially if you're willing to drop a few bucks. There are a bunch more I want to try, so it's a good thing that I still have outstanding invitations to celebrate graduating from law school!

    Oooh, where next?

    eXTReMe Tracker