• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, March 22, 2006

    Friends, don't let this happen to you

    So, studying for the bar... a painful endeavor. During the time that I was studying, I was also stressing as any logical law student is wont to do. When I stress, I stress eat.

    And I figured that the last thing I wanted to do during this bar press is to put constraints on myself. So, anything that made me happy in the moment or temporarily relieved my anxiety, I indulged.

    I indulged a lot. Stress eating + sitting around all day = pants that no longer fit.

    I don't know how much weight I gained. Enough to limit my wardrobe to a few pairs of pants. And, I actually don't want to know, but now is the time for me to do something about it.

    Other than whine, that is.

    So I am. I started my "diet" yesterday. Cutting out the carbs. And it's hard because I love my carbs. I am also such a wimp about this that every day is a struggle. Day two and hear me whine! I haven't worked myself up to the exercise part yet -- and I know it's the most important key to losing weight. My metabolism is in the crapper, so I will have to get off my big, fat, lazy ass and do more than just walk to work and back.

    ::sigh::

    I keep telling myself that I'll do more when the weather is better, but I know that's crap too. Any suggestions on how to make exercise actually fun???

    I feel like a loser right now, but I want to actually be one.

    eXTReMe Tracker