• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, March 29, 2006

    Progress!

    This is the semaine-iversary (one week) of my whining about starting a diet last Tuesday. I have gone low-carb, and I definitely suffered withdrawal -- craving everything -- for the first several days. And an upset stomach too.

    I am pleased to say that I have made it on this diet for more than a week now with only one slip -- I had a can of ginger ale to settle my stomach (36 carbs... bad!) -- and the cravings are now gone. I didn't even cheat on the snacky candy things that are always around the office. Yay. Small progress.

    My pants aren't as tight as before (phew -- I can breathe, literally!). The pair that I couldn't fit into immediately post-bar are wear-able now albeit still a bit tight, and with a few more weeks of this, I might even be brave enough to *gasp* get a on scale and find out how much I weigh.

    I haven't been on a scale since well before my binge. I gained a tremendous amount of weight my last semester of school and then even more on top of it with the bar study. In fact, since the beginning of law school, I have put on more weight than I care to admit.

    While it's true that most women have at least two or three sized wardrobes ("fat", "thin" and maybe "pipe-dream"), I have those and more. I think the next healthy things to do are... first, exercise. I still haven't managed to work that into a routine yet. Second, go through my closet and get rid of the stuff that just isn't realistic. Lots of it will never fit, and much is also either out of style or just too young for me now. I think it would be better for my mental state (not to mention my domestic state) if I just purged.

    Check back with me in a month.

    eXTReMe Tracker