• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, August 01, 2008

    Do I sound like that?

    So am I stealth reading a blog by my roommate-from-college's husband. He is morbidly obese and blogging about his efforts to diet and exercise and drop under 300 pounds.

    The thing is, his posts purport to be about how "good" he is being, but it all sounds like rationalization to me. Stuff like how he was pretty good because he only had two pieces of pizza or how he finished off the left-over cupcakes for breakfast because someone had to do it or his decision to have a pastrami sandwich for lunch instead of going to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

    None of that sounds like a concerted effort to eat healthy to lose weight. Also, he always has a reason why he didn't make it to the gym or exercise (sound familiar?), but it sounds like he believes his own excuses. When I was trying to drop the tonnage, I didn't go near pizza or cupcakes, etc. I ate veggies and salad and small portions of the diet food. So I think he's kidding himself. I don't see how this "diet" is going to work for him.

    Except that he weighs something like 450 pounds, so perhaps two cupcakes for breakfast is indeed cutting back? I guess, if it works for him, then who am I to judge? After all, I do know what it's like to battle the cravings as you cut out refined sugar from your diet. And I do believe it is better to indulge a little every once in a while to forestall a complete binge.

    But I gotta wonder if he believes his own bunk or is just going through the motions. He's probably been there before with the weight-loss thing and doesn't expect to succeed, so he's subconsciously sabotaging himself.

    Who knows? I guess we'll see if my roommate from college will have less of a man for a husband sometime in the future... maybe.

    Labels: , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker