• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, July 28, 2008

    The shit keeps on rolling in at DOJ...

    Yup, another DOJ report finding that the Department illegally considered politics in hiring decisions.
    Monday's report singles out the department's former White House liaison, Monica Goodling, for violating federal law and Justice Department policy by discriminating against job applicants who weren't Republican or conservative loyalists.
    And it looks like Goodling may be disbarred as a result. Of course, she won't face (administrative) charges because she no longer works at Justice. And I doubt there are any criminal charges associated with her malfeasance.

    I think a lawyer who deliberately and repeatedly flouts the law while acting as a agent of the premier law enforcement agency of the government is getting off easy by just being disbarred.

    Besides, she can always go back to working for the RNC (unless you think she never stopped working for them, even while at Justice). They take care of their foot soldiers.

    I'm jest sayin'.

    Labels: , , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker