• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, July 27, 2008

    Went to the movies

    and saw Momma Mia last night.

    Meryl Streep was great. She's clearly heads above any other actor in the movie. Amanda Seyfried, who plays the daughter getting married, has a beautiful voice but was a bit weak on the acting. That being said, she's gorgeous, and if she didn't have a singing career before, she will now.

    The male characters were weak, and whoever thought that Pierce Brosnan should be cast for a singing role was seriously deranged. I absolutely cringed every time he opened his mouth. We thought Bruce Willis or Kevin Kline or even Kelsey Grammar would have been much better in that role. Let's face it, Brosnan ain't exactly a great actor, so without the pipes to belt out the ABBA tunes, he brought nothing but eye candy to the role. So why not choose someone who can at least carry a tune?

    Anyhoo, it was a fun flick. No one will get a nomination for any of their roles, but it made for a good Saturday summer diversion.

    One more observation... the last two movies I've seen -- this and Sex and the City -- have been centered on weddings. What gives with that? I think I need to go see Batman or something.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker