• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, February 26, 2008

    Nader is such an ass

    I know this headline is old. I know my sentiment is old too. But the man has an ego that surpasses his credibility.

    I understand the third-party argument. I even, sorta, get his defense about how it wasn't his fault that Bush won Florida, that no one can take away votes, etc. But what I don't get is why he's running again.

    He made his point about airing issues and engendering public dialogue the last go-round. What's to be added this time? And if he really was about running to give his issues/perspective a platform, then why didn't he run his little heart out and then drop out before the general?

    He is only going to spend a ton o' cash and stress, but to what avail? It can't be because he thinks he has a shot at this. He's not going to win. Even that must sink in beyond his ego into his thick skull. I truly believe that his campaign coffers are swelled by Republicans who are just using him to split the vote (but hey, they already got their revenge for Perot's participation when he siphoned off the votes in 2000!).

    Maybe he genuinely believes that there are no differences between the Dem and Repub candidates. Maybe he really does think that. But still, what is his real motivation in running? I think it can only be that he wants the attention.

    And that's all ego. And who wants a(nother) president with an ego bigger than his brain or commitment to public service?

    Nope. Nuh-uh. No way, no how. No Nader.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker