• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, February 21, 2008

    What's it gonna be?

    Another year, another birthday... and another donation.

    Yup, I need to come up with an idea of a donation to celebrate another good year for me. Longer-term readers know that I celebrate my birthday every year by making a concerted effort to support a charity -- not with money but with something that takes me effort. I've donated several feet of hair, organized cell phone drives for domestic violence resource centers, collected clothes for women transitioning back to work, raised money for an AIDS walk (and walked it) and become an adult literacy tutor.

    This year, I thought I might participate in a local school clean-up. DC really needs all the help it can get to get its schools into reasonable condition. I need to see if there's something like that going on.

    In the alternative, I may donate my hair again, after the wedding. Yup, it's that long again. Mid-back. I guess I'm lucky that it grows so quickly. I can certainly afford to share the luck of my genes. If I do, it would be the third charity chop. So far, I've probably donated about 27 inches of hair (first time was about 15 inches, and the second time was about 12). This time, however, I might go for a short do. Previous cuts have left me with shoulder-length hair, but maybe a short bob this time? That would allow me to donate at least a foot to 15 inches.

    Anyone else have any suggestions for the annual birthday donation? I'm always looking for creative ideas!

    And, BTW, this year is the big 4-0. Gonna say "good-bye" to my 30s in about two weeks. Oh my!

    Labels: , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker