• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, October 06, 2007

    Careers launched by ANTM?

    I've admitted a few times that I watch America's Next Top Model. It's silly and fluffy and fun. And as popular as the show is, I have always wondered if any of the winners have actually been able to launch modeling careers, let alone become a top model. They all seem to have their 15 minutes of fame on the show but nothing else that isn't related to the show. I mean, come on, Jaslene making it as a top model? I don't think so. Great bod, not-so-much on the face...

    Anyway, now I know that at least one of the winners has done shoots and covers and ads other than the guaranteed prizes. Today I came across Danielle, the winner from cycle 6, in a catalogue. Additionally, it turns out that Danielle is the only winner of ANTM so far who has had her contract with Cover Girl renewed. As far as I am concerned, she and CariDee (cycle 7) are the only two who really look like models.

    And you know I'm speaking with complete authority and expertise based on my vast experience as a top model.

    Uh-huh.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker