• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, June 01, 2007

    One more reason why I'm tired

    I have a new work-out regime. No, I'm not going to the gym. Nor am I jogging or even taking the dog for long walks.

    I am simply walking to and from the metro. Easy enough. Only about 2/3rds of a mile each way -- and relatively flat. When we lived at the apartment, it too was only about 2/3rds of a mile from the metro, but it was uphill on the way. So we both usually took the bus. Lazy, eh? So just walking to the metro is a change of habit.

    But here's the kicker. I always walk the escalators in the metro. And lucky me, the escalator at my station is reputedly the longest in our neck of the woods:
    Its escalators are the longest in the system, in fact, they are the longest in the western hemisphere at 230 feet in length, they take just over four minutes to ascend.
    And yes, I do walk down them (a dizzying experience) and also up them. By the time I reach the top, I am most certainly out of breath. Hiking that, especially in any kind of heels, is a job! Let's hope those escalators never, never break.

    And then I have to climb more stairs and walk home.

    It's a good start for getting my ass moving and getting some exercise. Yeah, I know it's not much. Maybe only 15 minutes total, with 3 or so cardio, but it's a start. It's a start!

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker