• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, May 29, 2007

    All out, all in

    The extended weekend of moving is over. We're all out of the various apartments (but not the storage unit! still a ton there! eeek!) and all in the house. All in and all over. All over everything. We have paths to get through the livingroom and dining room. The second bedroom is still impenetrable. Boxes, boxes everywhere. We have a lot of locating and unpacking to do. Bleh.

    And not to sound like a broken record, but I am tired. Haven't had a good night's sleep since we got here. Since before that. I'll explain about it later... when I have the energy.

    But because I feel like a slacker for not 'splaining the good, bad, ugly and the creepy of the move... here are some pictures until I have the time and energy to tell the tales.
    Above, the view from the floor of the livingroom into the dining room area and kitchen. The movers have come and gone, but there was still plenty of crap to clean and toss.

    Gidget and my left knee. We kept Gidget with us during the aftermath cleaning -- to keep her out of the house during the craziness of the move. Also to keep an eye on her and keep her relatively calm. She was very good during the anxiety of the move, but we could also tell that she was stressed. After everything was out of the apartment, there was no place comfy left to sack out. No carpets on the floor, no couch. So what did she do? You guessed it. She walked right up to me, climbed in my lap and curled up to go to sleep. I have a cushy lap I guess. Not-such-a-dumb dog after all.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker