• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, May 22, 2007

    Putting the "ice" in iceberg lettuce

    Let us just say that if you love Cosi's signature salad (and who doesn't?), then make sure you get it freshly made every time.

    Today for lunch, the line was so long (isn't it always?) that I grabbed a pre-made bowl of salad from the refrigerated section.

    Bad move.

    Little did I know, but the bottom half of the salad was literally frozen. I mean, eeeuw. Icicles of lettuce. And frozen lettuce is gross.

    So I ate the whole thing really quickly. Before it melted. Because, as gross as frozen lettuce is, thawed lettuce is even nastier.

    UPDATE (5/23/07): I mentioned the iced lettuce to the Cosi folks this morning, and lo and behold, they told me they'd give me a free one. And they apologized. Fair enough. So I'm having salad for lunch today.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker