• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, February 07, 2007

    Because I'm short; that's why!

    Topic: more tidbits than you wanted to know about She Says. Question: why did she just spend five minutes taping up the hem of her pants?

    Yes, I'm on the short side of tall. I'm actually quite medium. In height that is. Just ask Denise. She'll vouch for me.

    Anyway, to be really accurate -- lawyerly accurate -- I taped up the hem because I am wearing work pants to work. When I wear work pants, I generally wear heels so that I don't have to get any pants hemmed. I actually have never had to get any pants hemmed. Most of them are about 1-2" longer than my legs, so they are fine to wear with heels. So I wear heels instead of visiting the tailor. It's much easier AND it gives me an excuse to buy shoes.

    But today, I wore my Canadian bad-weather booties to work (because it snowed last night) and switched them out for my shoes at the office. The booties (they aren't really boots) have a very low heel, so when I walk in them, I tend to tread on my cuffs.

    And I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna ruin my work pants. And I don't wanna have to hold up my pantlegs as I walk (it's awkward to do and keep warm and carry all of my stuff at the same time -- not to mention the fact that I look like someone with deep issues).

    So I taped my pants.

    Long explanation for no apparent reason.

    Let's just hope I remember to remove the tape before I throw them in the wash!

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker