• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, February 06, 2007

    Priori-TV

    Or should that be prior-TiVo? Dunno. But this collection of anecdotes of what people have done in the name of programming is amusing. Maybe because most of us can relate.

    I had a roommate in college who chose classes around her favorite soap opera. None could conflict. (To her defense, it was the 80s -- soaps were supreme and VCRs primitive.) I have definitely turned down social invitations just to veg out before da tube. (Sometimes that's better company anyway.) And I've stayed up way, way too late to my detriment the following day to watch a TV marathon of some inane show. (Project Runway comes to mind... once I was hooked, I had to catch up on previous seasons!)

    Uh-huh. Done that. Probably within the past year.

    Anyone care to confess their best worst tales of when the TV shows were the basis of your social programming?

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker