• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, February 07, 2007

    TMI about little ol' me...

    Read no further if you don't want to know something personally personal about She Says. Spoiler alert. Stop right here. Seriously. No, seriously.

    Okay, you asked for it. You can't say I didn't warn ya'! What follows is not for the faint of heart.

    Well, not really, but I don't want any "ick" comments...

    So here's my confession: I have a fur coat. I wear it in the winter, and it keeps me warm when it's cold outside... or so I rationalize.

    Before you get ready to throw red paint in my direction, you can lift your jaw off of the keyboard. No, it's not what you're thinking (I think). It's not that kind of fur coat. It's my own.

    On my legs. I don't shave my legs in the winter. They are now furry.

    It's my dirty little secret -- and it's one that many (although not all) women harbor. That we don't shave unless we have to. And by "have to", I mean, that we don't have to wear a skirt and we are either in a relationship without pretense (and can therefore be "natural") or aren't dating at all (so no one will see the fur). If I do have to wear a skirt, I'll shave to just above the "tree line" -- that is, above the knee, the part that will show -- but if I can get away with opaque tights instead of shaving, that's what I'm doing. Opaque tights are my friend in the winter. You would think the hair would help keep them up, but trust me, it doesn't work that way.

    I joke that my fur provides an extra layer of insulation, but in truth, I'm just lazy.

    And how do I know that many women do this? Well, I haven't done an inventory, but I have anecdotal evidence. I once got a card from a friend which read on the front: "Spring is here! That means I have to get out my lawnmower..." (with accompanying cartoon of a woman pushing a lawnmower).

    When you opened the card, it read (yes, you guessed it): "Time to shave my legs!"

    Yup.

    TMI? Tough.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker