• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, January 23, 2007

    Wahoo, that's two!

    This morning -- really early! -- I got a call from an agency asking me to come in for an interview. I told them that while the job interested me immensely, I had already accepted another position. Thank you, but no thank you.

    That's the second interview I've declined in the last month since starting this job.

    I guess it's really true that it's easier to get a job when you already have one! To be honest, though, the first job interview I had to decline -- it would have been really interesting, but I think it would have been heavy on the policy and politics, plus there was a residency requirement (and that would have been quite restrictive). The second job would have even more interesting because I would have been exposed to a wider variety of legal issues. But then again, one of the things that I like about my current job is that the work is intensely focused on the law that I want to develop expertise in and practice.

    So, all is good. It's nice that my resume got the attention, though.

    (In the interests of complete disclosure, however, I also got a rejection letter from the other job that I really wanted and interviewed for in late November. It's much easier to get a rejection letter after a long day of work than after a long day of nothing -- and when it's the only thing that happens to you all day.)

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker