• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, December 14, 2006

    SHOUTING THE NEWS: IT'S OFFICIAL -- I HAVE A JOB!!!!!

    I was playing this one close to the vest and didn't want to say anything until it was all official and formal and a done deal. Because I didn't want to count any chickens before they hatched. Because I didn't want to jinx myself. Because I've been *this* close too many times before.

    But all of you who were pulling for me -- you can uncross those fingers and let out the breath you've been holding. Phew! I officially accepted the official offer today. I accepted the unofficial offer last week, but had to wait for the bureaucracy to do what bureaucracies do to make it all formal.

    And I start Monday. Yes, next Monday.

    No more late morning coffee in my pajamas. No more hanging out with Gidget on the sofa while watching bad daytime TV. No more worrying about whether I'll have enough cash to get through the month. No more writing cover letters and sending out resumes. Thank gawd.

    I'm so excited. There's nothing like a few months of unemployments (3 in my case) to feel insecure and unproductive. I am raring to go.

    And the job? I have been hired as an attorney advisor (that's the title) for a federal agency doing labor and employment law, exclusively. Yay! The pay ain't great (in fact, it's awful), but the experience will be amazing. I'll be doing the law -- and learning the law -- that I want to focus on. And I wanted to get into the federal government, so this is a fantastic opportunity.

    Happy Holidays to ME! Yay!

    And thanks all of you who were rooting for me, commiserating with me and were so very supportive. You made this miserable process bearable. I couldn't have done it without my blogging buddies. Thank you.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker