• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, December 12, 2006

    Dontcha' hate it when

    You go Christmas shopping and you end up spending more money on yourself (because of all the irrestible sales!) than on gifties?

    Well, I didn't quite do that this time -- thank goodness -- but I have been known to do it.

    I convinced SM to take yesterday off, so we played hookie and went Christmas shopping. I've been pretty much done with my shopping for weeks now, but he had stuff to get for his family. It was great fun and a great day. We successfully forayed into Pottery Barn for his aunt, Best Buy for his brother, Borders for several people and then the World Market.

    I had never been in the World Market before, and frankly my expectations were really, really low. Usually, these kinds of stores hype up the international imports but also hike up the prices and have a crappy selection. I was pleasantly suprised to find out that quite the opposite was true here. Turns out the World Market was excellent shopping.

    They had a fabulous selection of yummies from all over the world. I was all but dying because we shopped there before lunch, and well, I wanted to park myself down in the aisles and just dive into their inventory. Check out their food section. Candy, cookies, pastas, sauces, oils, baking products... mmmmmm! I thought of Scooter (dang, that's TWO shout-outs in as many postings in one day... you stud!) when we went through the beer section, which SM (a connaisseur himself) said was pretty good. I don't drink beer, so what do I know but the labels shure was purty. And most were microbrews that I had never heard of. Also, you could pick your own six-pack, which is always fun. Their wine selection was good as well, although I wondered about the bottles which were "two for $12.99". Still, definitely worth further investigation.

    Fortunately for me, we made it out of the store with minimal damage, but I will definitely be going back once I have a paycheck.

    I am officially a fan of the World Market.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker