• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, December 12, 2006

    Update on the Gidge

    Thanks, everyone for all your feedback on Gidget's cooties. We did call the vet, and we're taking her in first available appointment -- which unfortunately isn't until next Monday. General consensus seems to be that she is allergic to something (based on her prior medical history). We just don't know what. We haven't changed anything about her diet since she's been here, but it could be something environmental. We just don't know.

    So we gave her an antihistamine last night (after doing some research on the issue). We were a little nervous to give her medication (I mean, what if something went wrong???), but she was so miserable scratching. Well, she's still alive and breathing today, so I gave her another pill. She's still scratching, but hopefully it will kick in soon.

    But those are the symptoms. We still don't know the cause of the hives.

    Our poor girl!

    But in other news, we bought her the cutest hot pink rain jacket (yes, Scooter, she'll match me!). I can't wait to try it out on her. She probably won't like it, though. Gidget is not a fancy clothes girl.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker