• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, December 10, 2006

    Sneak peak

    Since none of my family reads -- or even knows about -- this blog, I'm going to unveil some of the presents I'll be giving for Christmas this year.

    My mom, who is a total photo-freak (I take after her) and who travels all over the world any chance she gets (she takes after me), is getting this for her digital camera. She's always twisting and turning and squatting to get the right angle for her pix, so this will help her out. I think it's way cool, and I think she will too. I'm also giving her cookies from Hawai`i, as well as a framed copy of my law school graduation photo and a few other assorted gifties.

    My nephews (3 and 7) are getting these as well as fun, kid presents. I just thought they were so cute. Who knows if they'll ever wear them? My niece is getting pink cowboy boots, which are too adorable. She's 11, and I hope she's as excited about getting them as I am about giving them (she won't be -- but she's pretty good about faking it).

    Dad, who is Mr. Fix-it (meaning he likes to fiddle with stuff but doesn't really fix anything), is getting this -- not too exciting, but he is next to impossible to shop for because he doesn't really need anything and anything he wants, he'll just go and buy himself. Grrrr... But tools = toys for him, so hopefully he'll like this. I'm also giving him the obligatory dorky golfing duffer accessory present.

    My brothers are getting clothes and books. Bor-ing. But I just don't have any insight into their taste... Last year, I gave my li'l bro this. Having lived in NJ for a few formative years, he became a Yankees fan. I have no clue if he liked it or uses it. But I also got the Red Sox version for SM last year, and it's one of his favorite gifts -- it's very warm and incredibly soft and fuzzy.

    Every year, Christmas is insane because our family is so extended. These are just the highlights. And, of course, there are gifts for SM, but I'm not tellin'... just in case he's readin'...

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker