• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, July 12, 2006

    Step one

    Isn't the first step of overcoming an addiction to admit that you have a problem?

    Well, I am admitting that I have a problem.

    With online bargain shopping.

    Hi, my name is She Says, and I am absolutely an expert in finding good deals online. I also spend too much money on things which I may not actually need just because the bargain is too good to pass up.

    There ya' go.

    So my next step in getting past this addiction is to confess my secret shopping sites. So ladies and gents, if you are looking for a bargain, here is a list of sites where you can almost always find a something interesting for a good price.

    * For shoes: Shoemall
    * For shoes, clothes, outdoor equipment and so much more: Sierra Trading Post and Burlington Coat Factory
    * For more clothes, click the "bargain" section of Old Navy
    * For all of the above and then some, try eBay or Goodwill or Overstock.com
    * For kids' gifts, bags and other stuff: Lillian Vernon
    * Designer discounts: Bluefly (where, admittedly, I do more looking than shopping because even the clearance prices are often beyond my unemployed self -- and, as you can tell from the above sites, I don't care about designer labels)

    In addition to these sites, there are lots of other places I go just to find interesting things, such as Ten Thousand Villages, the Smithsonian Store, Signals, Pearl River and Everything Silk (and related sites).

    And here's a tip, whenever you buy something online -- especially for major retailers -- search first for a coupon. Fairly frequently, you can find an online coupon that will give you free shipping or some percentage off for purchases over a certain amount.

    eXTReMe Tracker