• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, July 05, 2006

    Clubbing with the gals

    So after I passed the bar, one thing I promised myself was to start reading for fun again. I am a book whore, and I wanted to find that inner slut again -- and get back to reading interesting and well-written books for pleasure, as opposed to the less readable materials I was forced to ingest and digest for the past three plus years (not that I didn't love law school; I just didn't love reading archaic English and poorly written opinions). Law school sucked the love of reading outta me, and I desperately wanted to get my mojo back.

    And what is more fun than fun in groups? So I started a book club with a bunch of girlfriends, who asked their girlfriends. And now we have a group of about 7. Perfect! And there's even some diversity in this group -- not all of us are lawyers. Yay.

    Our first meeting to discuss the first book is next week. We are reading The Known World, a book which I've had in a pile by my coffee table taunting me for the past year. I'm so glad that I've finally been able to made the time to read it. Not that I've actually read it yet. Sadly, I've barely started it, so I need to hop to it this weekend. Good thing I'll have plenty of time starting next week!

    eXTReMe Tracker