• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, May 08, 2006

    Life in DC

    In DC, it's pretty much routine that residents will get a summons for jury duty every two years. Because it's the federal city, there are more courts per capita here than other jurisdictions, and the percentage of those eligible to be selected for jury pool may be smaller (although I don't know that for a fact). I got called twice while in law school -- once second year and once last year. It was basically a two-year interval.

    And then this -- I got another summons to serve on a jury in June. But, but, but my last summons was in October -- that's only six months! What the heck?

    It's not that I am trying to escape my civic duty, but getting called again so quickly is just too quickly. If I scowl the entire time, maybe I'll get dinked from being chosen. Hey, it worked once before!

    eXTReMe Tracker