• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, May 03, 2006

    A new one one me...

    This is a warning I pulled off of the website of one of the major credit card issuers.
    As an example of phishing, please note that some of our customers reported receiving the following pop-up screen while logged into our secure site. The pop-up screen is known to be a hoax and contains the following information:
    Approximate date of the hoax: 3/29/2006 - present
    Title of Pop-Up Box : Security Measures
    Information Requested: Social Security Number, Mother's Maiden Name, Date of Birth
    One would think that no one would fall for something like this. It seems too simple and obviously fraudulent. However, I can imagine that some people who are already logged into their credit card accounts might think this is extra security on the site and fill in the info. And give away the bank.

    Another good reason for pop-up blockers...

    eXTReMe Tracker