• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, May 02, 2006

    WWCS?

    What would Couric say?

    Katie Holmes is changing her name to Kate now that she's become a mother. Explains poppa Tom: "Katie is a young girl's name. Her name is Kate now – she's a child-bearing woman."

    It's no wonder that mom and dad Holmes are concerned about this relationship.

    Also, according to a WSJ article yesterday, "Viacom Inc's Paramount Pictures is having a hard time selling its upcoming action-movie sequel 'Mission: Impossible III' to women, many of whom appear to have been put off by the antics of the film's star, Tom Cruise."

    Yaaa. I agree. While I never had any plans to see the flick in the theater, I would have gone if someone else had wanted to see it. Now I won't. I have no desire to support TC's publicity machine or his burgeoning bank accounts. And apparently the same goes for WaPo readers who participate in silly online celeb polls.

    Move over, Michael Jackson and Joan Crawford. The whacko celebrity parent club has a new member.

    eXTReMe Tracker