• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, May 07, 2006

    Doesn't matter that it's raining in DC

    I'm still glowing -- from the sun in San Juan and from my good news on Friday. And actually, the results are official because I already got the "pleased to advise you" piece of paper from the State Board of Law Examiners with my MBE score and more papers to fill out and more money to pay. Yay!

    As for San Juan, I have to say that I had a fabulous trip, and I am so glad I escaped the city to learn my bar fate from afar. Puerto Rico was a terrific distraction that kept me from obsessing about my results, and had the outcome been the other way, I think being away would have saved me from a very, very dark weekend. I thoroughly encourage everyone to get out of town -- even if it's just a short road trip -- when the bar results are to be posted. Breaking the daily routine kept me sane.

    Some highlights of the trip included walking around old San Juan, the artesan market, eating/drinking (travel hint: the main tourist info office in old part of the city has complementary run rum drinks -- yup, free booze for all those who stop by for the free maps), the gorgeous water, sunny skies, colors everywhere...

    I'll blog more about it later. Just got in a few minutes ago, and I'm pooped. And reality check -- back to work tomorrow... And my B number on Wednesday is gonna be ugly. But it was worth it.

    eXTReMe Tracker