• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, April 16, 2006

    Finally, a weekend I used rather than snoozed

    Finally, a weekend of fun productivity rather than banal bleah stuff or sleeping, sleeping, sleeping because I was exhausted.

    The weather was fabulous. On Saturday, a friend and I walked around Georgetown, shopped a bit and ate a yummy seafood lunch down on the Washington Harbor. We also people-watched along the "boardwalk" (in quotes because it really isn't a true boardwalk, more like a dock quay) -- both terrestial and aquatic folk as well as their four-legged friends. It was such a glorious day that lots of people were out with their boats, and the Potomac was full of rental canoes, cayaks, motorboats and what can only be described as yachts. It was wonderful to just putter around and window-shop despite my constant sneezing & itching from the pollen and even though we got a serious preview of how hot the summer can get here -- and then come home and catch up on the TV that I missed during the week.

    Then today, I made it to my first dance class. It was fun and quite the workout. I was -- no kidding -- the elephant in the back of the room, stomping around among the graceful elks. Seriously. Absolute beginner. Absolutely obvious. Definitely humbling, but I'm definitely going back too. It was fun. It was hard work. It was good to move my body and sweat (even if the others weren't!).

    Afterwards, I meandered my way home, slowly. I enjoyed seeing the women in their brilliantly colored Easter hats and clothes and the Jewish families walking to services. The city (I was in the downtown district) somehow felt less business-like institutional and more colorful and friendly, full of families. Then I saw a movie tonight -- the first time in AGES -- and I have to admit that I cheated on my self-imposed regime by having popcorn. Ooops! But I don't regret it a second. I might on Wednesday, but not today.

    So I had a very nice weekend. Happy Easter! Happy Passover! Happy sunny Sunday!

    eXTReMe Tracker