• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, April 12, 2006

    For crying out loud...!

    Someone offer me a $@#%^@#$^*% job already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I am so tired of this. I am so frustrated that I could scream, cry, shout and/or break something. Or all of the above, repeatedly. With vigor. And zest. And relish. And any other appropriate condiment or ingredient. Truly.

    I just got this wonderful news a few minutes ago. The EEOC has cancelled two of the FIVE positions (= 40% of the advertised slots) in their attorney honor program -- the two in their DC headquarters. The two I applied for.

    Sheesh. JFC. What does it take to get a job?!?!?!?!? It's not like I have a salary requirement or anything! It's not like I have any pride anymore or anything! I have a brain. I will work. HARD. Someone give me a chance at doing something I want to do! (mutters more under her breath)

    ::sigh::

    This is really demoralizing. Sorry for the rant, but I really wanted a shot at this program. I still have a few more lines out there, but the pickings are getting slimmer and slimmer and slimmer. And soon, I'll no longer be able to apply for the "fresh out of law school but no real legal experience" jobs. I'll be in no-man's land -- too long out of school to be eligible for the newbie grad jobs but not enough experience to qualify for anything else.

    This totally, totally bites the big one.
    Dear Applicant,

    Thank you for applying to the EEOC's 2006 Attorney Honor Program. I am writing to inform you that the Commission is no longer offering the positions with the Office of Federal Operations and the Office of Legal Counsel, located in its Headquarters in Washington, D.C. The Commission had decided to focus its efforts on field litigation and enforcement. Accordingly, the positions you indicated as your first preference will be canceled. You are receiving this e-mail as you chose one of those offices as your first preference.

    It is the decision of the Commission to re-distrbute [sic] those applications whose first preference was one of the Washington D.C. positions to our field offices for consideration for their Honor Program Attorney positions. If you indicated a second preference for one of the Trial Attorney positions in either Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles or New York, your application will be forwarded to that office for consideration. If you indicated a second preference for the Administrative Judge position in New York, your application will be considered for that position. If you did not indicate a second preference or your second preference was for a Washington D.C. position as well, then your application will be forwarded to the Office of Field Programs for consideration for the Administrative Judge position in New York. This is being done as their [sic] were substantially fewer applicants for the Administrative Judge position than the Trial Attorney position, and therefore will even out the applicant pools.

    The Commission apologizes for this change and any inconvenience it may cause. We will not be withdrawing applications for consideration. We will be unable to accept requests for a change in preference. If you are ranked highly enough at the new office to which your application was forwarded and are selected for an interview, you may decline the interview if you do not want to be considered for that position.

    Thank you for your understanding of these changes.
    Back to square one. AGAIN.

    eXTReMe Tracker