• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, April 13, 2006

    Binge

    Okay, so when I am frustrated, sad, upset, stressed, or bored, I eat. That's the reason why I gained bar weight. That's the reason why I am on this diet. It's also the reason why I binged a bit last night after yesterday's fantabulous news from the EEOC.

    ::sigh::

    I know I was bad, but I figured that one binge wouldn't kill me after being good for so long. I don't know if it will or not, but it was a happy thing. I felt full and satisfied and slightly guilty. A good binge.

    What substance did I abuse? A green tea frappaccino and half a brownie from you-know-who.

    As binges go, I thought afterwards that it really was the perfect little binge -- it hit the spot well (didn't leave me wanting), and I didn't go too crazy or overboard. It was a controlled binge. And all in all, not too bad -- or so I thought until I looked up the nutrition facts online today.

    Holy mother of gxd. What did I do?

    Blackberry Green Tea Frappuccino® Blended Crème Tazo Green Tea Frappuccino®, premium Japanese green tea and blackberry syrup, topped with whipped cream and blackberry topping.

    Serving Size 16 fl. oz.
    Calories 560
    Fat Calories 130
    Total Fat (g) 15
    Saturated Fat (g) 9
    Cholesterol (mg) 60
    Sodium (mg) 330
    Total Carbohydrates (g) 91
    Fiber (g) 1
    Sugars (g) 78
    Protein (g) 13
    Vitamin A 8%
    Vitamin C 15%
    Calcium 40%
    Iron 4%

    Espresso Brownie
    Calories 370
    Calories from Fat 190
    Total Fat (g) 21
    Saturated Fat (g) 13
    Trans Fat (g) 0
    Cholesterol (mg) 85
    Sodium (mg) 115
    Total Carbohydrates (mg) 43
    Dietary Fiber (g) 2
    Sugars (g) 30
    Protein (g) 4
    Vitamin A 6%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 4%
    Iron 10%

    And the brownie was tiny! I had two bites! So, even divided by two, those numbers are truly scary. And more than cool and refreshing and yummy, those frappaccinos will pack on the pounds. I mean, one drink is the caloric equivalent of a small meal. Yikes. I had a meal through one drink and two bites of a brownie...

    Well, now I have even more incentive to work-out this weekend. And those numbers are scary enough to keep me from doing that again -- so they won't affect my B number.

    Ugh-ly.

    eXTReMe Tracker