• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, January 11, 2006

    Physical or physics?

    Ahhh, I knew it was more than just laziness on my part. There's a physics reason, not just a physical one behind my daily battle against the morning. It seems that one reason why I feel like I'm swimming through molasses when I get up every day is not simply attitude or dread of the day -- but rather it's inertia. Real inertia, not just my usual mental inertia. And addiction. Sorta.

    Well, that's what the docs are saying -- that sleep "inertia may affect cognitive performance for up to two hours" in the morning. That would include the ability to stagger out of bed and get dressed. Caffeine is the answer. This, in a nutshell, is my life.

    Some may say it's a load of something, but this study's findings sound better than any infomercial to me. Sleep inertia? Coffee! Where do I sign up? I'm a willing and eager consumer of this one... the story and the coffee (which "they" tell me may make me smarter ).

    Let me have another cup to wake up and smarten up enough to figure that out.

    eXTReMe Tracker