• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, January 04, 2006

    Bar review review

    Cramp room. Not enough seating. Poor lighting. Small television screens for viewing the videos. No live lectures. No one to answer substantive questions.

    In other words, not an ideal atmosphere for learning all that I forgot and never learned in law school.

    BARBRI being a monopoly, they can get away with this... (and don't get me started on how they're screwing the students who want to also take the PMBR course -- grrrr!).

    The only thing this whole racket -- and it is indeed a racket -- has going for it is the very precise and practical approach to the exam. They break it all down for you in terms of what is tested with what frequency and what you need to know to answer correct. We are learning how to pass the bar, and it is a vastly different experience than law school. Complementary, but vastly different.

    Oh, one other good thing -- since few of us know each other (and the environment is not competitive), people are generally really friendly. I'm also finding that many of the Feb bar folks are older, "non-traditional" students like me! That doesn't quite make up for the rest, but it's something.

    eXTReMe Tracker