• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, December 11, 2005

    My brain is full -- may I be excused please?

    T-three days, 9 hours...

    That's all I have left of my (less than?) illustrious law school career. Three finals this semester, and I just hope I exit on a positive, upbeat note -- rather than the crushing humiliation of knowing I just dove to the bottom of the curve on an exam.

    ...Like my family law exam on Friday. It should have been called the "Constitutional theory of family law". Note to self: don't take a class with a professor who has clerked for two Supreme Court Justices; the exams are just too hard.

    Ooops, too late for that little tidbit of advice.

    Well, so the family law exam was just... just... not what I had expected. I take small -- very small -- consolation in the fact that more studying would not have helped me on that one. I went in there feeling nervous to the point of nausea (with good reason, as it turns out!) and came out feeling just the nausea! Ah well. It's over. During the entire exam, I just kept shaking my head back and forth. I know I wrote crap. Oh well.

    Here's hoping that the other two go much better. I don't care *so* much about my GPA at this point (okay, I do, but I just gotta get past that), but truly, I would like to end my law school experience feeling good about my effort and knowing that my exam reflected my knowledge on the subject. And I can't say that about family law.

    Moving on... to tax for non-profits and then employment discrimination. Fingers crossed that I didn't and don't torpedo my GPA and that I am feeling good about my efforts when I emerge from my underground exile at 9:30 Wednesday evening.

    And to those of you suffering the slings and arrows of precedent, statutory law, regulations and public policy considerations -- I wish to you very good luck, divine or otherwise inspiration (intervention?) and a healthy dose of eloquent bullshit....

    Hang in there!

    eXTReMe Tracker