• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, November 15, 2005

    Wahoo!

    Made it to the final, final round of consideration for a position in the Honors Attorney program at one of the federal agencies. I am one of a few dozen that will be argued over as they decide who should get offers for the coveted nine slots. Yay! I made it from "one of the hordes" to an individual candidate under consideration. I am a real person, instead of just a resume now. They are supposed to be making a decision in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed!

    And, BTW, this is exactly why I didn't even bother to apply to the Department of Justice, even though it's the cream of the crop for newbie lawyers who want to get into public service and the federal government. I had heard this feedback from friends who work there (or have recently exited), and I am even more at peace with my decision -- although not the situation itself. It's really upsetting to learn that the situation is this bad at our country's top civil rights enforcement agency...

    ::sigh::

    eXTReMe Tracker