• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, October 25, 2005

    Best line I heard

    Being a DC native, I often listen to the Sunday morning pundit-a-thons as they analyze the political gaffe du jour and clock the speed of the spin. It's just one of those things that is almost de rigeur for folks inside the Beltway (our version of Entertainment Tonight, sorta) -- and probably not watched too much elsewhere.

    Anyway, one show which I eschew -- because he really, REALLY annoys me -- is the McLaughlin Group. I mean, ick. I can't change the channel fast enough. His voice or W's -- I don't know which makes my skin crawl more.

    However, this past weekend, I did happen to hear part of the show by accident. I have to give credit where credit is due. They had one of the best "predictions" yet. The Group was discussing who Bush would name to succeed Greenspan as the Federal Reserve Board chair, and one suggested that he expected Bush to name the most qualified for the job: his personal accountant.

    Heh. Heh, heh.

    eXTReMe Tracker