• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, October 19, 2005

    Feeling good about the decision

    So I start as a part-time law clerk tomorrow. I'm excited about what I will learn in this job, but even more, I am very excited by how the firm is already treating me, having not yet started.

    First, they offered me more per hour than the range they originally cited as what it might pay. That's a nice compliment and statement on my qualifications and the value they see me as bringing to the position.

    Second, they have already invited me to participate in a firm function (even though I haven't officially started yet). On Friday, the movie North Country debuts. This is the story about the women working in the mines of Minnesota who challenged their treatment as sexual discrimination. The firm I will be working for brought the class action suit on behalf of the women. On Friday, the founding partners of the firm are going to see the movie and hosting a small reception afterwards. And they've invited li'l ol' me.

    Too cool.

    eXTReMe Tracker