• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, October 13, 2005

    Yay, good news for my ego

    With everything moving so slowly on the real job front, I finally had some happy news this week. I've been applying for part time jobs for during the school year because I really can't handle not working.

    Seriously.

    I have had a job pretty much since I was 15, and not having one at all has given me way too much free time -- to the point that I am anxious. I am not getting more studying done; I still do it in the same compressed time as when I had a full time job. I'm just wasting more time. I definitely needed a job.

    So, on Thursday, I sent off a resume during class. By the time I got home, less than two hours later, I had a call for an interview (at 8:30 at night!). The interview was on Tuesday, first chance we could do it. I emailed my writing sample (again during class... hmm, notice a pattern here?). Within an hour or two, I had an offer for the job.

    Phew. My ego needed that.

    My bank account too.

    The fun thing is that I'll be working on employment law, plaintiff's side class action law suits. Oooh, that sounds like great fun!!! I start next week.

    Yay.

    eXTReMe Tracker