• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, September 21, 2005

    Our semesterly social thing

    Ever since my first year in law school, I have called upon my fellow sectionmates to go out to a local drinking/dining establishment for social purposes at least once a semester. Once in the fall and once in the spring. As evening students, we often rush to class and rush home, so it's nice to get together and be social, even if we invariably end up talking about school.

    Last night was the fall semester get-together. Attendance is severely hampered by the fact that many of our friends graduated this past May (traitors! they switched to the day program). Still, a core group of us made it, and we had fun. And, as usual, I played my game where I always ask questions to get the conversation started.

    Since we're all pretty good friends now, the usual Jeopardy question was old hat, so we started dissecting our law school experiences -- and our classmates -- with questions such as:

    * what advice would you give to an incoming student? (my answer: sign up for your bar review course early)
    * which class/professor do you wish you HAD taken but didn't get a chance? (A: participating in a clinic)
    * which class/professor do you regret taking? (A: administrative law because the professor was just awful)
    * which classmate would be most likely to have an affair with a professor?
    * which classmate is most likely to never practice law?
    * which classmate is most likely to become famous/infamous?
    among others...

    It was a really fun discussion, and very amusing to learn that many of us agreed on the responses to the classmate questions -- goes to show that we have similar perceptions of our classmates. Also a good opportunity to gossip!

    eXTReMe Tracker