• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, November 30, 2005

    The end of an era

    It's usually with some trepidation -- and glee -- that I face down my last week of classes before finals. I'm always shocked at how quickly the semester went, yet again, and I'm always unprepared for the advent of finals.

    But this semester, my last classes have been tinged with sadness as well. I just had two "last classes" today. And frankly, it was quite sombering to realize that I will never again sit as a JD student in these classrooms, that a major part of my life is coming to a close, that something that has defined my life for the past 3 and a half years will cease to be. And I know it's going to leave a void.

    I won't miss the stress or the exams, but I will miss the friends, the socializing and the learning. I really enjoyed law school. I don't want to face the post-school realities of paying back those loans! What am I going to do now that I no longer have an excuse for not having a life?

    Guess I gotta get one...

    Wow, three exams, and I'm done. I'm more sad than excited right now. After the exam are actually over, I'm sure the relief will wash over me. But still, there's definitely some separation anxiety here.

    Who'da thunk it?

    eXTReMe Tracker