• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, January 22, 2006

    The downside of finishing law school

    My student loans have already started to come due. Since I consolidated to lock in the lower loan rate (under 3% -- yay!), the trade-off was losing the 6 month deferral grace period.

    Apparently, I am already behind a payment.

    The thing is, I haven't technically graduated yet, so how is that possible?

    The student loan folks will be getting a call first thing tomorrow morning. My loans don't go into active status until after I graduate. That's February, not December. I need all the extra breathing space I can eke out!

    More like eeek! ouch!!!

    UPDATE (1/23): called the student loan company and had to put the loan into deferral (or whatever it's called) until after the bar. I was easily accomplished, and the woman who handled it assured me that I would suffer no penalties for pushing back my active status a month (just that interest would continue to accrue). Phew, 'cuz that's the last thing I need to worry about now!

    eXTReMe Tracker