• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, August 03, 2005

    A scrEAM!!!

    I just saw one of the best plays I've seen in ages (which says a lot because I've seen a few good ones lately). It's called Take Me Out -- and while it's probably legend in the LGBT community and has already been extended several times this run at the Studio Theater, I hadn't heard of it until now. I got free tickets, and I am so glad I went.

    But, man oh man (and I mean that literally), it was fabulous! I'll let you read the review about the storyline (which tackled a number of social and personal issues from various angles). The writing was sharp and witty, and I have to say there were only vibrantly strong performances. Delivered with a punch! Even the very minor parts were played brilliantly. The tiny stage was credibly transformed to a ballpark or a locker room, replete with showers.

    Which means yes, yes, yes, ample opportunity to examine the evidence which supports stories about ethnic "diversity". From my front row seat, I got more than an eyeful -- almost up close and personal to the point, I admit, that I didn't know where to look! Actors had dialogue in English, Spanish, Hillbilly and Japanese. The poor guy who had to memorize that Japanese...! He did a decent job, sorta.

    And it didn't hurt that one of the lead characters was a younger, taller, fresher- faced Hugh Grant look-alike.

    What a fun night. Great to see such important issues being addressed in a wonderfully written play and performed by tremendous talent. Okay, I'll say it. Great to see such good looking guys show some skin.

    WOW. I almost feel guilty for getting this as a freebie!

    eXTReMe Tracker